Red Hill Pioneer Cemetery, Kambalda
When gold was discovered at the Red Hill Gold Mine in 1896, the name for the early settlement that followed was initially taken from the name of the mine until the town was gazetted at the end of 1897 with the name Kambalda. Hence the cemetery was first known as Red Hill Cemetery.
The small settlement was closed by 1907 and became a ghost town.
New mining interests developed in 1954 and since then has grown to a town with a population of over 2 and half thousand.
It should be noted that Edward Clayton and Edward Hassell are one and the same person, who came to a tragic end, in spite of there being 2 headstones.
The GPR holds 5 grave and 5 person records for the cemetery.
The status of the photographing of the cemetery is believed to be complete.
The latest details for the cemetery were added on 30 August 2015
A burial monument list gives all the names showed on each monument (show FAQ).
Running free of charge for 25 years!