Gormandale Cemetery, Gormandale
The township of Gormandale in the Wellington Shire is between Traralgon and Yarram. Leaving Gormandale the cemetery is on the left 2kms to the south travelling towards Yarram on Hyland Way. It is signposted and still in use. A cemetery was established at Gormandale in 1895. It was officially formed in 1906 although records have been kept since 1903. The burial of Elizabeth Huffer in 1903 is the first recorded and other early entries in the Register were A.M. Missen, 1903 and Syd Horsley in 1904. The earliest headstone is 1876. The cemetery is situated in natural bush land and is approximately 20 acres in size, with about 5 acres currently being used. ( From information by Gary Thexton, Secretary, Gormandale Cemetery Trust.)
The GPR holds 256 grave and 590 person records for the cemetery.
There have been 129 requests for photographs from the cemetery.
The latest details for the cemetery were added on 08 June 2014
Running free of charge for 23 years!