Municipal Cemetery, Alford
The cemetery is on the edge of the town of Alford and the entrance is through the Gatehouse which includes the old Mortuary Chapel. Burials may have been started there in 1881. It is the Old Cemetery that is indexed here. The setting in the Old Cemetery benefits from tall healthy tree specimens of both broad leaf and pine. Some of the old stones are either leaning precariously or have been put down onto their inscribed faces to prevent accidents. The entire cemetery area is a peaceful and neat place for the very regular visits from local people.
The GPR holds 322 grave and 605 person records for the cemetery.
The status of the photographing of the cemetery is believed to be complete.
There have been 201 requests for photographs from the cemetery.
The latest details for the cemetery were added on 29 July 2013