Beech Lane Cemetery, Ely
As existing cemeteries were nearly full, exacerbated by a cholera epidemic in 1832. In 1855 it was found necessary to purchase land for a new cemetery. Beech lane cemetery was divided into consecrated and unconsecrated areas to allow for the burial of Anglicans and non conformists. The new cemetery was opened on 12th May 1855 and the same cemetery with additional ground is still in use today.
The GPR holds 118 grave and 224 person records for the cemetery.
The status of the photographing of the cemetery is 50% complete.
The quality of the photographs of the cemetery is good.
There have been 62 requests for photographs from the cemetery.
The latest details for the cemetery were added on 02 June 2013
Running free of charge for 23 years!