The Old Church of the Holy Cross' burial ground, Whorlton
The Old Church 0f the Holy Cross went out of regular use in 1875. The new church in Swainby, also the Church of the Holy Cross, became the church for the parish in 1877. However, Whorlton church is still consecrated and is used for occasional services. The original churchyard is no longer used for burials as there is a new grave yard just below the old churchyard.
The GPR holds 598 grave and 1255 person records for the burial ground.
The status of the photographing of the burial ground is believed to be complete.
The quality of the photographs of the burial ground is good.
There have been 344 requests for photographs from the burial ground.
The latest details for the burial ground were added on 11 December 2012
Running free of charge for 23 years!