St Peter ad Vincula's Church burial ground
St Peter ad Vincula's Church burial ground, Thornaby
The Anglican parish church on the village green is of 12th century origin but a place of worship existed at the time of the Domesday Book of 1086. The unusual dedication to St Peter ad Vincula ('St. Peter in chains') is derived from the ancient Basilica of San Pietro in Vincoli in Rome. The building was originally dedicated to St Mary Magdalene.
The GPR holds 23 grave and 69 person records for the burial ground.
There have been 16 requests for photographs from the burial ground.
The latest details for the burial ground were added on 29 July 2012