Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
How do I add information to a deceased persons record on the GPR?
Before you can add information to a deceased person you must first request a high quality image of the grave monument that contains information about that person.
- go to the grave information page for the person you want to add information about
- at the bottom of the grave detail page press the button to request a free high quality image
- fill in the request form and click the request button
To view a requested grave monument image, please follow the instructions below:
- click the "view images" link on the top menu on any page of the GPR
- enter the email address you used to request the high quality image
- click the "display list of requested images" button
- a page showing all the requests made using that email address will be displayed: there should be at least one
- click on the name of the image you want to see
- the photo display page for that image will then be displayed towards the bottom of the page. If you have a slow internet connection the image may take time to download.
- some graves will have more than one image
- to save a copy of an image onto your own machine, right click it: a menu should then be displayed with a "save" option. This menu will vary depending on the browser and operating system you are using.
Once you are viewing the high quality image page, the names of the people mentioned on the monument will be listed as links.
Press the link for the person you wish to add information about. You will be given a new page which will have an input box for you to add information to that persons GPR record.