Garden House Cemetery, Swalwell, Durham, England

google ad
google ad

Grave monument index

Garden House Cemetery
Swalwell
Durham, England

photo of Garden House Cemetery

Garden House Cemetery, Swalwell

notes

Notes about the cemetery

Opened in 1915. The first Superintendent was William Robinson who served 21 years and transformed the site into a garden. The old garden house was located near to the present house. The first burial was in 1916, a Miss Waugh of Newcastle.


The GPR holds 321 grave and 613 person records for the cemetery.

Photographed by Joyce Hunter

Indexed by Bob Willis

The status of the photographing of the cemetery is believed to be complete.

The quality of the photographs of the cemetery is good.

There have been 55 requests for photographs from the cemetery.

The latest details for the cemetery were added on 30 June 2013


For information about this locality within Durham,
have a look at the Oultwood directory for Durham

For information about education in this locality within Durham,
have a look at the Schools Web Index for Durham

google ad
google ad

© copyright Gravestone Photographic Resource 1998 - 2018